All aspects of society need ethical, effective leaders, and all leaders need to be ethical, effective communicators. The Moody College of Communication’s Bachelor of Science degree in Communication and Leadership is a flexible, customizable interdisciplinary program that seeks to educate and inspire future leaders to lead positive change in our complicated world.
Communication and Leadership Faculty Perspectives
Communication & Leadership Student Experience
About our Curriculum
The interdisciplinary curriculum will provide students with
- Knowledge of frameworks, concepts, and theories related to leadership, communication, and ethics and experience applying them in real-world contexts
- Awareness of their on strengths and weakness as leaders and followers and an understanding of how to play to their strengths and collaborate with others who will compensate for their weaknesses
- Communication skills and expertise
- Interdisciplinary understanding of social challenges and innovative communication and leadership strategies
- Understanding of how to lead positive social change and experience doing so
Student Legacy Award
Congratulations to Communication and Leadership students Jalesha Bass and Brianna McBride on earning the Heman Marion Sweatt Student Legacy Award. This award will be presented at the 35th Annual Sweatt Symposium for Civil Rights. We thank you for your hard work and outstanding contributions in leading positive change for our campus and our community.
Ethical Leadership in Newsrooms Curriculum Project
School of Journalism and Media Director Kathleen McElroy details a curriculum project that led to the development of a new course offering ethical leadership training in a newsroom context.
Op-ed on Poynter Institute
Moody faculty Minette Drumwright and Kathleen McElroy, with Press Forward Co-founder and Executive Director Carolyn McGourty Supple, have been published by the Poynter Institute on the need to expand the curricula of journalism schools to include courses on ethical leadership.
Press Forward Co-founder Joins Moody as Visiting Professor
Carolyn McGourty Supple, Co-founder and Executive Director of The Press Forward non-profit, is joining the Communication and Leadership degree program as a visiting professor this fall.
Director: Minette Drumwright
Associate Director: Jennifer Jones Barbour