CHER Grant Program
CHER Grant Program
The Center for Health Communication launched the Communication for Health, Empathy, and Resilience (CHER) grant program in Fall 2017. CHER has awarded approximately $20,000 in the inaugural 2017-18 grant cycle for three projects.
The goal of the program is to promote collaboration between Moody College of Communication and Dell Medical School faculty in their evidence-based health communication scholarship, education, and community involvement endeavors. Grants will be awarded to teams of faculty and students to conduct pilot projects investigating communication’s key role in promoting wellness, creating a culture of empathy among healthcare providers, and enabling people to resist and recover from illness or injury.
A CHC-sponsored Moody College of Communication/Dell Medical School networking and CHER award event is scheduled early in the spring semester. Details coming soon.
TIMELINE FOR 2017-2018 CHER CYCLE
· Mid-August, 2017: Initial cycle announcement circulated
· September 14, 2017: Speed-networking event for prospective Moody and Dell applicants, Dell Med Board Room (HLB 5.201), 2:30-3:30pm (RSVP here)
· September 29, 2017: Deadline for Letters of Interest
· October 13, 2017: Applicants notified, finalists invited to prepare full proposal and presentations
· November 15, 2017: Finalist presentations, CMA 5.136 (LBJ Room), Time TBA
· December 1, 2017: Awards announced
· January 1, 2018: Current cycle funding period starts (projects must have IRB approval before funds released)
· June 1, 2018: Current cycle “mid-term” progress reports due to CHER grant program administrators
· June 4-15, 2018: Grantee meetings with CHER panel to discuss progress and plans for continued funding post-grant period
· December 31, 2018: Current cycle funding period ends and final reports due
Download the CHER Grant Program details document, including overview, eligibility, timeline, and letter of interest template.