Students can apply to the Moody College Honors Program both as incoming freshmen, and while they are current students at the University of Texas at Austin.
Applications to the Moody College Honors Program are accepted through the UT Austin Freshman Honors Application, which is part of the regular freshman application process.
A high level of scholastic aptitude is beneficial, but far from the only trait that defines a Moody Honors student. We look for applicants who are capable of critical and independent thinking, with intellectual curiosity, creativity, and a variety of experiences and backgrounds. Preference is given to freshmen applicants who select Moody College as their first choice in their admissions application.
Current UT Students
Current UT students may apply to join the Moody College Honors Program by completing our online application for admission.
In order to be considered students must:
- Be a Moody College major in the fall following the application
- Be in their 2nd, 3rd long semester at UT in the Spring semester during which they are applying
- Be able to complete the Moody College Honors Program without delaying their graduation
- Have a suggested GPA of 3.5 or higher
Preference may be given to students who have completed Moody coursework.
- Statement of purpose
- Response to honors essay prompt
Due to the competitiveness and high volume of applications, meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee admission to the program.
The application for Fall 2019 will open February 1, 2019, and close March 7, 2019 at noon CST.