The Bachelor of Science in Public Relations degree comprises 120 credit hours.
A specific combination of coursework in English, Government, American History, Math, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Fine Arts.
- A minimum of 36 and maximum of 42 hours of major-specific coursework as established by the department
- 3 hours of Rhetoric (see checklist)
- PR 309-- satisfies the core curriculum math requirement. Must be taken in-residence at UT Austin
- J 317
- 12 hours of Business courses including MKT 320F or 337
- A grade of C- or better in all Communication coursework, unless otherwise specified
Moody College of Communication requirements
- Public Relations students may not take more than 60 hours in the College of Communication
- At least 24 hours of major-specific coursework must be upper-division
Students should choose courses in the core curriculum and in the major requirements that also fulfill their major department's Flag requirements. The Flags required for the all degrees from Moody College are:
- Bring a student's total hours to 120
- Electives frequently taken by Communication students
- Students can also fill elective hours by declaring a minor. Students may declare only one minor or certificate to supplement thier Moody major(s) and must declare their minor/certificate intentions before they have completed 65% of their degree requirements.