The Moody College of Communication has awarded five of its Advisory Council members Lifetime Membership on the council. They include Jeff Cohen, Terry Hemeyer, Jeff Hunt, Dan Rather and Neill Walsdorf.
These individuals have received the designation by going above and beyond the council’s mission by increasing attendance and participation by council members, building partnerships with professional communication organizations, making financial contributions, assisting graduates in obtaining employment, and ensuring the success of Moody College faculty and students.
“The Moody College Advisory Council provides an invaluable service to the college and we deeply value the ideas, insights, and expertise shared by our alumni and friends who generously give their time to help support our college,” said Jay Bernhardt, dean of the Moody College of Communication. “The five council members who we have honored with Lifetime Membership have gone above and beyond the call of duty on behalf of Moody College and we are forever grateful for their contributions.”
Organized in 1969, the Moody College Advisory Council includes distinguished alumni, communication industry leaders and others interested in the excellence of communication education. As members, their mission is to be responsive to the needs of the Moody College of Communication by providing advice and counsel for students preparing to enter the field of communication.
The Lifetime Membership recipients include:
- Jeff Cohen is the executive vice president and editor of the Houston Chronicle where he oversees the English and Spanish papers as well as the website.
- Terry Hemeyer serves as executive counsel to Pierpont Communications and as a senior lecturer in the Stan Richards School of Advertising and Public Relations.
- Jeff Hunt is partner and co-founder of PulsePoint Communications Management Consulting Firm that specializes in corporate communication, boardroom services and digital media.
- Dan Rather is the anchor and managing editor of Dan Rather Reports, which broadcasts on HDNet. Rather was previously the anchor and managing editor of CBS Evening News.
- Neill Walsdorf is the president of Mission Pharmacal Company in San Antonio, Texas.