Moody College > News > Moody Makeover

Moody Makeover

Moody College of Communication adds four new signs to its grounds

It will now be much harder for those on campus to confuse what college they’re in the presence of among the 18 schools and colleges at The University of Texas at Austin thanks to four large new signs surrounding the four buildings of the Moody College of Communication.

Four New Moody College of Communication Signs

The new black and bronze beacons were installed Feb. 15 and 16. The sign with the largest lettering rests on a concrete block at Dean Keeton and Guadalupe Street. A second sign was placed on a slab in front of the Belo Center for New Media near Dean Keeton and Whitis Street. A third sign was inlaid into the concrete southeast of Walter Cronkite Plaza, opposite of the CMA building near the Hearst Student Media offices with the fourth sign also inlaid in concrete facing east at Whitis Avenue and Dean Keeton.

The two larger signs weighed in at 1,800 lbs. each and crews installed them using a crane anchored into the concrete with bolts. To view a time lapse of both installations, click on the video below.

The signs honor the renaming of the college following the landmark gift from the Moody Foundation in 2013, resulting in the largest endowment for the study of communication of any public university.

Marc Speir

Senior Content Producer


For more information, contact:

Kathleen Mabley at 512-232-1417