Bachelor of Science in Communication and Leadership
The Bachelor of Science in Communication and Leadership degree comprises 120 credit hours.
A specific combination of coursework in English, Government, American History, Math, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Fine Arts.
36 hours of coursework across the three designated areas:
- Twelve hours of communication and leadership major courses;
- Twelve hours focusing on communication foundations;
- Twelve hours of interdisciplinary courses that explore critical social issues.
- At least 15 hours must be in upper-division coursework.
Moody College of Communication requirements
- Foreign Language Requirement
- 6 hours of Communication courses but outside of the courses approved for the Communication and Leadership degree.
- 3 additional hours of English or Rhetoric (E or RHE)
- 3 hours Communication and Culture coursework
- Students may not count more than 60 hours of Communication coursework toward the degree
- Students may not count more than 36 hours in one field of study.
- Students may not earn both the Bachelor of Science in Communication and Leadership and the Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies.
Students should choose courses in the core curriculum and in the major requirements that also fulfill their major department's Flag requirements. The Flags required for Journalism students are:
- Writing: three courses required
- one must be outside of the core curriculum
- Cultural Diversity in the United States: one course required
- Ethics: one course required
- Global Cultures: one course required
- Independent Inquiry: one course required
- Quantitative Reasoning: one course required
- Bring a student's total hours to 120
- Electives frequently taken by Communication students
- Students can also fill elective hours by declaring a minor. Students may declare only one minor or certificate to supplement their Moody major(s) and must declare their minor/certificate intentions before they have completed 65% of their degree requirements.