The Bachelor of Journalism degree comprises 120 credit hours.
A specific combination of coursework in English, Government, American History, Math, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Fine Arts.
- 36 hours of major-specific coursework in the School of Journalism must be taken.
Moody College of Communication requirements
- Journalism majors may not take more than 9 hours of Journalism coursework per semester
- Journalism students may not count more than 60 hours of Communication coursework toward the degree
- Journalism students may not count more than 36 hours of Journalism coursework toward the degree
Students should choose courses in the core curriculum and in the major requirements that also fulfill their major department's Flag requirements. The Flags required for Journalism students are:
- Bring a student's total hours to 120
- Electives frequently taken by Communication students
- Students can also fill elective hours by declaring a minor. Students may declare only one minor or certificate to supplement thier Moody major(s) and must declare their minor/certificate intentions before they have completed 65% of their degree requirements.