Communication Studies, Department of Communication Studies
Class of 2018
How are you using the skills that you learned at Moody in your current position?
Account management is all about communicating with your clients and all different departments across your agency soI have definitely been using my communication and organization skills. Moody taught me so much about time management and how best to communicate and connect with others.
What advice do you have for #TEXASMoody students?
1. To not worry if you don’t have a job at graduation because many communication jobs hire people that can start immediately.
2. That the people you work with/for are just as important as what you do. When you’re interviewing, don’t settle and if you get along well with the people you speak to, that’s a great sign.
3. Always be sure to come to interviews prepared with your resume and having done your research.
4. Ensure to always show empathy in the workplace.
5. Your first job likely won’t be your dream job but you’ll learn about your likes and dislikes and it’ll become easier to find what you’re more passionate about down the line.
6. Have fun! Don’t rush through undergrad and waste your time stressing about post grad life. It’ll all work out but undergrad in Austin is too amazing to waste on worrying about your future.
There’s nothing I miss more than learning in a classroom. I loved learning all about different types of human relationships and the psychology behind advertising.