The Moody College Office of Global Initiatives will reopen applications for the Moody Media Scholars for Social Change in Fall 2024. This program is open to all Moody College undergraduates who are juniors and seniors in the 2024-2025 academic year who have an interest in media, communication, community, and issues of social justice. Through various forms of research and creative activities, scholars engage with the Moody, UT, and underserved communities in Austin, exploring and examining ways to use media and communication to benefit society. The program seeks to provide undergraduates with experiences beyond the classroom that prepare them for career success. Scholars receive a stipend for their work in Moody College.
The five students selected to join the program will receive a $2,750 stipend for the academic year.
- Student must be a currently enrolled Moody College undergraduate junior or senior
- Must have a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or above
- Must display commitment to social change and community engagement
- Must be willing to serve as a Moody Media Scholar for Social Change through end of the 2024-2025 academic year
To apply, the applicant must:
- Produce a 1-3 minute video addressing past work in the space of social change
- This video can be styled according to your preference and should reflect your creative use of audiovisual media.
- In a written statement, describe in 300 words or less how that work will continue in Moody
- Upload the files for your completed video and written statement
- Please use the following naming convention below to label your file uploads: LastName_FirstName_StudentClassification_Department
- e.g. College_Moody_Senior_RTF.mp4 | College_Moody_Senior_RTF.docx