The Global Communication Minor is designed to give students a global perspective of the communication industries. Students will learn about the essential role of communication in our increasingly interconnected and multicultural society.
Under specific circumstances, the faculty committee may approve course substitutions for minor course requirements. Students should meet with the minors advisor to discuss this process. Petitions will not be reviewed during registration or add/drop periods.
In addition, the following are University-wide rules regarding minors:
- The minor must be completed in conjunction with an undergraduate degree at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Minors must include a minimum of six hours of upper division coursework.
- A student may not earn a minor in the same field of study as his or her major.
- At least nine of the hours required for the minor must include coursework not used to satisfy the requirements of the student’s major; this includes courses in non-major departments that are cross-listed with courses offered within the student’s major department. However, courses in the minor may fulfill other degree requirements such as general education requirements or required elective hours.
- Transcript recognition is awarded at the time of undergraduate degree completion.
If after full review of minor requirements you still have questions, please contact your academic advisor or email firstname.lastname@example.org