Bachelor of Science in Radio-Television-Film
The Bachelor of Science in Radio-Television-Film degree comprises 120 credit hours. For specific course requirements for the degree, download a degree checklist on the right.
A specific combination of coursework in English, Government, American History, Math, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Fine Arts.
- A minimum of 36 and maximum of 48 hours of major-specific coursework in the department
- 12 hours of lower-division coursework in RTF are required: RTF 307, RTF 308, RTF 317, and RTF 318.
- At least 21 hours of major-specific coursework must be upper-division; 9 hours must be from a specific list of upper-division media studies courses (see degree checklist for full details)
Moody College of Communication requirements
- Foreign Language Requirement
- 6 hours of Communication courses outside your major
- 3 additional hours of English or Rhetoric (E or RHE)
- 3 hours Communication and Culture coursework
- Radio-Television-Film students may not take more than 60 hours in the Moody College of Communication.
Students should choose courses in the core curriculum and in the major requirements that also fulfill their major department's Flag requirements. The Flags required for the all degrees from Moody College are:
- Writing: three courses required
- one must be outside of the core curriculum
- Cultural Diversity in the United States: one course required
- Ethics: one course required
- Global Cultures: one course required
- Independent Inquiry: one course required
- Quantitative Reasoning: one course required
- Bring a student's total hours to 120
- Electives frequently taken by Communication students
- Students can also fill elective hours by declaring a minor. Students may declare only one minor or certificate to supplement their Moody major(s) and must declare their minor/certificate intentions before they have completed 65% of their degree requirements.