Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies
The Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies degree comprises 120 credit hours.
A specific combination of coursework in English, Government, American History, Math, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Fine Arts.
- A minimum of 36 and maximum of 48 hours of major-specific coursework in the department.
Moody College of Communication requirements
- Foreign Language Requirement
- 6 hours of Communication courses outside your major
- 3 additional hours of English or Rhetoric (E or RHE)
- 3 hours Communication and Culture coursework
- Communication Studies students may not take more than 60 hours in the College of Communication.
- At least 15 hours of major-specific coursework must be upper-division.
- Communication Studies majors may not take more than 9 hours of Communication Studies coursework per semester.
- A student may not earn both the Bachelor of Science in Communication and Leadership and the Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies.
Students should choose courses in the core curriculum and in the major requirements that also fulfill their major department's Flag requirements. The Flags required for the all degrees from Moody College are:
- Writing: three courses required
- one must be outside of the core curriculum
- Cultural Diversity in the United States: one course required
- Ethics: one course required
- Global Cultures: one course required
- Independent Inquiry: one course required
- Quantitative Reasoning: one course required
- Bring a student's total hours to 120
- Electives frequently taken by Communication students
- Students can also fill elective hours declaring a minor. Students may declare only one minor or certificate to supplement their Moody major(s) and must declare their minor/certificate intentions before they have completed 65% of their degree requirements.