Join the Civic Engagement Alliance Today!
Join the CEA or update your student organization's 2019-2020 membership information by simply filling out the form below. For the first time, the Civic Engagement Alliance is rolling out membership for institutional programs, like schools, official UT athletic teams, honors programs, etc to the program. If you or someone you know would like to sign their organization or program up for the CEA, please direct them to the following forms:
- Form for institutional programs: https://forms.gle/bonq3gKMEd7JKr6f8
- Form for student organizations: https://forms.gle/43Q54qzA7dGbEeW29
Civic Engagement Alliance Meeting & Make Up Meeting
Meet to discuss plans leading up to and including the March Primaries and think ahead to the 2020 Presidential Election in November. As always, pizza will be provided. VDR trainings will follow each meeting. Please RSVP, so we are able to purchase pizza for everyone.
- Tuesday, January 21 at 7 pm in BMC 1.202 - https://www.facebook.com/events/1726478330822525/
- Wednesday, January 22 at 7 pm in CMB 2.102 - https://www.facebook.com/events/611462912992772/
Last Day to Register to Vote Celebration
Join TX Votes and CEA orgs from across campus for the last day to register to vote! On February 3rd, student organizations across campus will gather at Gregory Plaza until midnight to register students to vote before the March Primary Elections. (Facebook event forthcoming)
Primary Election Day for both parties is Tuesday, March 3 with early voting from Tuesday, February 18 to Friday, February 28. The FAC polling location will be open for voting from 7 am to 7 pm every day except for Sunday, when it will be open from 12 pm to 6 pm.
UT Austin Voting Data & Campus Plan
- 11/20/19 - Keep (UT) Austin Weird: The Story of How Longhorns Defeated the Odds and Improved Voter Engagement, Forbes.com
- 11/20/19 - TX Votes members recognized by ALL IN Democracy Challenge for increasing student voting participation, The Daily Texan
- 11/16/19 - UT students receive national award for increasing voter participation, kxan.com
- 11/13/19 - Effort to Increase Student Turnout Recognized with National Awards, UT News
- 11/13/19 - UT Austin Students Honored for Civic Engagement Efforts, Patch.com
- 10/28/19 - Voter Turnout Doubles across nation, triples at UT, The Daily Texan
- 10/7/19 - Travis County records highest number of registered voters, The Daily Texan
- 9/25/19 - Civic engagement groups promote voter turnout on National Voter Registration Day, The Daily Texan
- 9/15/19 - The Voting Wars Come to Campus, Washington Monthly
- 3/5/19 - STEM civic engagement is crucial, The Daily Texan
Check out the CEA on social!
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/UTCEA/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/949476875155999/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/txvotes_cea/
CEA Members* include:
314 Action at UT Austin, ADPAC, Alpha Phi Alpha, American Library Association & Texas Library Association, American Medical Student Association, Amnesty International, Asian Business Student Association, Association of Black Psychologists, Austin Collegiate DECA, Austin's Bright Future, Black Student Alliance, Campus Environmental Center, Carribean Student Association, CLUTCH, CNS Honors, College Republicans, CommSGC, Communication Council, CRPSO, Dance Action, Dean's Scholars, Delta Epsilon Mu, Euphoria ATX, Feminist Action Project, Feminist Latinx Organization Empowering Society, Feminist Policy Alliance at LBJ School, Generation Citizen, Voting Graduate Student Agency (GSA), Graduate Women in Computing, Health Advocacy Student Coalition, Hindu Students Association, Hockey Horns, Honors Quad RHC, Hook the Vote (Student Government), IGNITE, Jolt at UT Austin, Kappa Rho Pre-Medical Honor Society, Keep Austin Wizarding, Lambda Alpha Nu, Liberal Arts Council, Liberal Arts Refugee Alliance, Longhorn Band Student Association, Longhorn Kiva, Longhorn Legislative Aides, Longhorn LULAC, Longhorns for Voting Reform, Minority Women Pursuing Law, Mixed Martial Arts at UT Austin, Multicultural Engagement Center, NAACP at UT Austin, Natural Sciences Council, Net Impact, Nueces Mosque, One Note Stand A Capella, Orange Jackets, Oxfam at the University of Texas at Austin, Pi Beta Phi, Residence Life, Secular Student Alliance at UT Austin, Senate of College Councils, Seva Charities, Sigma Delta Tau, Society of Hispanic Engineers, Socks for the Sole, Student Council for Exceptional Children, Student Engineering Council, Students Expanding Austin Literacy, Tejas Club, Texas Belles Event Planning Organization, Texas Blazers, Texas Bluebonnets, Texas Circle K International, Texas Electronic, Texas Freedom Network, Texas Friar Society, Texas Girl Gang, Texas Health Promotion Club, Texas Hillel, Texas International Affairs Society, Texas Ladybirds, Texas Nutrition, Texas Political Union, Texas Public Health, Texas Spirits, Texas Tower PR, Texas Water Ski, Texas Women's Rugby, The Language Campaign, The Student Association of the School of Information (SASI), The Texas Orator, Theta Tau, TX Votes, University Democrats, Undergraduate Business Council, UT National Association of Black Journalists, UT Service Scholars, UT Ukes, Women in Foreign Affairs, and Young Invincibles.
*List may not always be up to date.