Undergraduate Degree Requirements
The College of Communication offers six degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Advertising
- Bachelor of Science in Public Relations
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Bachelor of Journalism
- Bachelor of Science in Radio-TV-Film
Note: The Moody College of Communication adopted the University Core Curriculum list for students entering a public university in Texas in the Fall 2008 semester or later. If you are unsure about which catalog you fall under, please contact the Student Advising Office.
Rules to Live By
- No core curriculum requirement, foreign language course, or course in the Moody College of Communication may be taken on a pass/fail basis.
- Only 15 hours of non-Communication electives may be taken on a pass/fail basis.
- 24 of the last 30 hours for the degree must be taken in-residence.
- Students must take at least 36 upper-division credit hours.
- At least 60 hours for the degree must be taken in-residence.
- A minimum GPA of 2.25 is required to take any upper-division courses in the Moody College of Communication.
- A grade of C or better is required in every Communication course taken in order to count toward your degree unless otherwise specified by the department.
- A minimum of a 2.0 UT and Communication GPA is required to graduate.
- Only 12 hours of transfer credit in the major will count toward the degree.
- PED courses will NOT count toward any Moody College of Communication degree requirement.