Undergraduate Degree Requirements
The College of Communication offers seven degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Advertising
- Bachelor of Science in Public Relations
- Bachelor of Science in Communication and Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Bachelor of Journalism
- Bachelor of Science in Radio-TV-Film
Note: If you are unsure about which catalog you fall under, please contact the Student Advising Office.
Rules to Live By
- No core curriculum requirement, foreign language course, or course in the Moody College of Communication may be taken on a pass/fail basis.
- Only 15 hours of non-Communication electives may be taken on a pass/fail basis.
- Students must take at least 36 upper-division credit hours.
- At least 60 hours for the degree must be taken in-residence.
- A minimum GPA of 2.25 is required to take any upper-division courses in the Moody College of Communication. To request a waiver for this policy, you must submit this 2.25 GPA Petition form. Please bring your completed form to BMC 2.600 or fax it to 512-232-1827.
- A grade of C or better is required in every Communication course taken in order to count toward your degree unless otherwise specified by the department.
- A minimum of a 2.0 UT and Communication GPA is required to graduate.
- Only 12 hours of transfer credit in the major will count toward the degree.
- PED courses will NOT count toward any Moody College of Communication degree requirement.