In this time of physical distancing, you can still support the students, faculty, and staff who make Moody an amazing community. We've listed a few ways to get involved through generously giving of your time or by making a financial commitment.
Please email us directly with any thoughts, ideas, and to seize the opportunities listed below.
Speak to a class - virtually!
Attend an online event like the Moody Mini Series
Be a 40 for 40 social media ambassador
Serve as our Moody College ‘International Ambassador’ through the newly energized Moody Global initiative
Do you have a child that will be entering Moody College soon or is already a Moody student? Join the Moody College Family Network.
Sign up for Handshake, the virtual Moody College job and mentorship platform.
Join HookedIn, a just-launched social community for UT Alumni.
Connect with UTLA students and LA-based media and entertainment alumni with Discourse.
Give to the Moody Emergency Fund
Right now, Moody students need your help more than ever. The move to online learning and off-campus living is a crisis situation for many, which is why we created the Moody Emergency Fund. A gift here will go directly to a student experiencing food or housing insecurity, disruption in access to technology or loss of income for tuition. Your gift will help save a student’s future at Moody.
- Make a recurring annual gift in any amount to the Moody Annual Fund or Moody Emergency Fund
- Support Moody (on social media and through a gift) on 40 for 40
- Include the Moody College of Communication in your estate plans
- Support your department or school by giving to a lectureship or their general operations fund
- Make an unrestricted gift to student run organizations like The Daily Texan, KVRX, or TSTV
- Internship stipends
- Graduate student fellowships
- Career Center support
- Texas Challenge
- Cronkite Plaza Renovation
- Studio 6A Renovation
- Texas Union Theater Renovation
- UTNY and UTLA naming opportunities
- Career Center Renovation
For any initiative at the Moody College of Communication, to provide funding in perpetuity:
- Minimum $25,000 for an Excellence Fund
- Minimum of $50,000 for a Scholarship
- Minimum of $1,000,000 for a Professorship
- Minimum of $2,000,000 for a Chair
- Minimum of $3,000,000 for a Center or Institute