The grading status of a class may be set when you originally register for the class or once the semester is in progress. During the first 12 class days (four for summer) the status may be changed via the online registration system. After this period you must visit the Student Advising Office (BMC 2.600), with a picture ID, and complete a form to have it changed. The deadline for changing the status of a class to pass/fail or from pass/fail to a letter grade is mid-semester.
The rules for taking classes pass/fail are as follows:
- You must have completed 30 hours or more.
- Only electives may be taken on a pass/fail basis. No course required for the degree (i.e.: science, foreign language) may be taken pass/fail.
- Courses used to fulfill Flag requirements may not be taken on a pass/fail basis.
- No course in the Moody College may be taken pass/fail, unless it is offered only on that basis.
- No more than two (2) courses per semester may be taken on a pass/fail basis.
- A maximum of 15 hours total may be taken pass/fail for degree credit.
- If a class is taken pass/fail and a grade of F is assigned the F will be averaged into the GPA.