The grading status of a class may be set when you originally register for the class or once the semester is in progress. During the first 12 class days (four for summer), you can change a class to or from pass/fail via the online registration system. After this period, you can make the change by clicking on the button below.
The deadline for changing a class to or from pass/fail is 5:00 pm (CT) on the University’s published deadline.
The rules for taking classes pass/fail are as follows:
- You must have completed 30 hours or more.
- Only electives may be taken on a pass/fail basis. No course required for the degree (i.e.: science, foreign language) may be taken pass/fail.
- If you are pursuing a minor, please consult the rules of your minor to determine if classes may be taken pass/fail.
- Courses used to fulfill Flag requirements may not be taken on a pass/fail basis.
- No course in the Moody College taken pass/fail may count toward a Moody College degree, unless it is offered only on the pass/fail basis.
- No more than two (2) courses per semester may be taken on a pass/fail basis.
- A maximum of 15 hours total may be taken pass/fail for degree credit.
- If a class is taken pass/fail and a grade of F is assigned, the F will be averaged into the GPA.
To change a Moody College course to pass/fail, please email your academic advisor using your official UT email address.