The grading status of a class may be set when you originally register for the class or once the semester is in progress. During the first 12 class days (or first four class days in summer), you can change a class to or from pass/fail via the online registration system. After this period, you can make the change by clicking on the button below.
The deadline for changing a class to or from pass/fail is 5:00 pm (CT) on the University’s published deadline.
The rules for taking classes pass/fail are as follows:
- You must have completed 30 hours or more.
- Only electives may be taken on a pass/fail basis.*
- No course taken on a pass/fail basis can count toward core curriculum, college/major coursework, or Flag requirements, unless it is only offered on the pass/fail basis.*
- No course in the Moody College taken pass/fail may count toward a Moody College degree, unless it is offered only on the pass/fail basis.*
- If you are pursuing a minor, please consult the rules of your minor to determine if classes may be taken pass/fail.
- No more than two (2) courses per semester may be taken on a pass/fail basis.*
- A maximum of 15 hours total may be taken pass/fail for degree credit.*
- If a class is taken pass/fail and a grade of F is assigned, the F will be averaged into the GPA.
* courses taken on the pass/fail basis in Spring 2020 are exempt from this rule.
Click here to access the STANDARD Pass/Fail form.
Please note that the rules above apply to all requests submitted with this form.
Covid-19 Pass/Fail Exception
Students may use the Covid-19 pass/fail exception for up to three courses taken during the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters. The COVID-19 Pass/Fail Exception (CPFE) follows different policies and deadlines from the standard pass/fail option above.
Moody College students are not required to meet with an advisor to use the CPFE, though you may wish to consult with your assigned academic advisor to assist you in making an informed decision. You can click here to access the CPFE request form.