What is the Moody Mentor Program?
The Moody Mentor Program will foster a sense of belonging to and increase community within the Moody College of Communication. The mentoring relationship will provide support and encouragement during the critical transition to life at The University of Texas at Austin. Mentees will feel connected to the college and to the university through engagement with their mentor and associated programming.
What to expect:
First semester Moody College Success Scholars will be grouped with an experienced Moody Mentor and 3 - 4 other first-year Moody College Success Scholars. Each group is expected to meet for at least 10 contact hours throughout the semester.
How to apply to be a Moody Mentor:
- Complete the Moody Mentor application (click the link in the right navigation bar)
- The application consists of the following:
- General information
- Short answers
- Resume upload
- Interview with Student Advising Staff, if requested.
Eligibility to be a Moody Mentor:
- Students must:
- Be a Moody College of Communication major;
- Be currently enrolled full-time at The University of Texas at Austin;
- Have completed 30 hours or more by the end of the current semester; and
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative UT GPA
Have questions about becoming a mentor?
Email Theresa Thomas.