What is the Moody Mentor Program?
The Moody Mentor Program will foster a sense of belonging to and increase community within the Moody College of Communication. The mentoring relationship will provide support and encouragement during the critical transition to life at The University of Texas at Austin. Mentees will feel connected to the college and to the university through engagement with their mentor and associated programming.
What to expect:
First-year Moody College Success Scholars will be grouped with an experienced Moody Mentor and 3 - 4 other first-year Moody College Success Scholars. Each group is expected to meet for at least 10 contact hours throughout the fall and spring semesters.
How to apply to be a Moody Mentor:
Complete the Moody Mentor application. The application consists of the following:
- General information
- Short answers
- Resume upload
- Interview with Student Advising Staff, if requested
Eligibility to be a Moody Mentor:
- Be a Moody College of Communication major;
- Be currently enrolled full-time at The University of Texas at Austin;
- Have completed 24 hours or more by the end of the current semester (including dual credit, transfer work, and credit by exam);
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative UT GPA; and
- Commit to mentoring for the full academic year
Moody Mentor Info Sessions
Want to find out more about the Moody Mentor Program? Come to an info session.
Tuesday, April 16th, 5:00 - 6:00 p.m., BMC 2.508
Wednesday, April 24th, 5:00 - 6:00 p.m., BMC 2.508
Become a Moody Mentor
Complete the 2019-2020 Moody Mentor Application
Have questions about becoming a mentor?
Email Theresa Thomas.