The Moody College of Communication’s Office for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is now accepting applications to join the Moody Media Scholars for Social Change. This program is open to all Moody College undergraduate juniors and seniors who have an interest in engaging the issues of representation and power as they appear in the study and practice of media and communication.
The Moody Media Scholars for Social Change will serve as advocates for historically underrepresented students within Moody and will advise the college on best practices for supporting students from these communities. With the support of Moody’s Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion these scholars will participate in various forms of outreach and create media aimed at fostering constructive dialogue around the issues they deem most pressing within Moody and, more broadly, in the lives of marginalized citizens from their communities. These Media Scholars for Social Change will strive to approach their study and practice through an intersectional lens, engaging with students and professors across the Moody College disciplines, and beyond.
The five students selected to join the program will receive a $2,500 stipend for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Student must be a currently enrolled Moody College undergraduate junior or senior
- Must have a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or above
- Must display commitment to social change and community engagement
- Must be willing to serve as a Moody Media Scholar for Social Change through end of the 2020-2021 academic year
To apply, the applicant must:
- Produce a 1-3 minute video addressing past work in the space of social change
- In a written statement, describe in 300 words or less how that work will continue in Moody
- Upload the files for your completed video and written statement
- Please use the following naming convention below to label your file uploads: LastName_FirstName_StudentClassification_Department
- e.g. College_Moody_Senior_RTF.mp4 | College_Moody_Senior_RTF.docx