Dear Moody Student:
We hope you are safe and well. Just a few weeks ago, many of you were counting the days until spring break. While this spring break has not been what we were hoping for, it has given Moody College time to prepare for the changes that are undoubtedly going to affect us the rest of the semester.
We are reaching out to you to let you know what changes have been made and what accommodations Moody College and the university have made to deal with these changes. Your Moody College community is behind you, and we are fully prepared to carry each other through this Spring 2020 semester.
On Thursday, in a message delivered to all university students, Dr. Soncia Reagins-Lilly, the university's Dean of Students, reminded us that all UT students now share the same goal. “Your most important focus,” she wrote, “should be to complete the current courses you are registered for this semester.”
Classes resume on Monday, March 30, and all will be online. As you get refocused and turn your attention to coursework, please reach out to any of us if you have questions, feel uncertainty or just to say you are ok. Your professors, course instructors, coordinators and advisors are all looking forward to hearing from you.
For more information about the evolving circumstances for this semester, please regularly visit our Moody College resource webpage and the UT coronavirus page for important updates.
Some important Moody College student updates include:
- The Moody College Student Advising Office is now virtually open, providing all services remotely via Zoom videoconferencing, email and telephone. If you wish to meet with your academic advisor, please book an appointment using STAR as you normally would.
- If you need assistance or wish to book an appointment through our front desk, please email email@example.com, or call 512-471-1553. And please remember that while we are (virtually) open for business, our physical office in BMC is closed, with no staff on-site until further notice.
- The Career Center is available to virtually support your internship and job search needs. Career coaches are now advising Moody College students over the phone and via Zoom. Appointment scheduling is managed using Handshake. The full slate of Moody College career resources can be found on the Career Center’s website.
- Once classes start again on March 30, there will be no access to labs, editing suites and equipment check-out for the duration of the semester in order to protect the safety of our students and staff. Your faculty and instructors will communicate alternative assignments for the classes using equipment or editing suites.
- We will be communicating with you shortly regarding new procedures for handling such transactions as Q-drops, Pass/Fail changes and the like. Please be sure to read all emails you receive from the university and college so you don’t miss important academic updates.
We are all in this together as one big Moody Family! Please let us know how we can help.
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education
Moody College of Communication