What Can a Career Advisor Help You Do?
- Critique your resume and cover letters
- Prepare for job and internship interviews
- Develop your interviewing skills with a mock interview
- Identify, explore and evaluate your career options
- Evaluate and negotiate job offers
- Develop and implement a job search strategy
- Develop and leverage your professional network of contacts
- Effectively use online resources in your job search
- Decide whether or not you should go to professional/graduate school
- Understand and navigate the recruiting process
- Understand how companies in your target industry hire
How Can You Connect with an Advisor?
Note: Students cancelling or "no showing" three career advising appointments will be banned from seeing an advisor until the following semester.
Need Accommodations in Order to Access Our Services?
We want to make CCS services as accessible as possible to all of our students, so if you need accommodations of any kind, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 512-471-9421 as early as possible. We will do whatever we can to provide reasonable accommodations.