Final Acceptance | Financial Planning | General Planning Guidelines | Housing Information and Policies
Final acceptance into the program is contingent on your ability to complete program pre-departure requirements and meet all program eligibility requirements by your semester of participation. If you fail to meet ANY of the eligibility criteria by the move-in date for your semester of participation in the program, your acceptance to the program will be rescinded. If you have already traveled to Los Angeles, you will incur severe financial penalties (you will not be eligible for refunds on any of the program-related fees), and you will be required to vacate the student accommodations. If you have questions or concerns related to your eligibility to participate in this program at any point, contact the Denius Center immediately.
Download the timeline for your semester of participation from this page to see the schedule of payments and refund deadlines. UT students receiving financial aid through the UT Office of Student Financial Services may defer UT tuition payments to their financial aid, which is released prior to the start of the semester of participation. However, all other program fee and housing fee payments cannot be deferred to financial aid, and are due by the published deadlines. Because aid for the semester of participation is not released until approximately one week before classes begin, you will need to make alternate arrangements to meet the payment schedule. Please consult a financial aid advisor in the UT Office of Student Financial Services as early as possible about possible alternatives.
- Download the timeline for your semester here, so that you don't miss important registration and payment deadlines that could negatively impact your enrollment.
- Consult your academic advisor about your participation in the program and inquire about policies, requirements and deadlines that could impact your graduation date. If you are approaching graduation, this is particularly important.
- Research and apply for scholarships to help offset the cost of your semester in Los Angeles.
- Take the time to become familiar with the Wofford Denius UTLA Center for Entertainment and Media Studies Student Handbook and class materials.
- Begin your internship research, although it is advisable to wait to contact potential employers approximately one semester before participation.
- Prepare your resume for interships by reading the Communication Career Services Resume Writing Guide prepared by Communication Career Services.
- Attend a mandatory Pre-Departure Session before your semester of participation.
Students enrolled in the UTLA Program may select from one of two options for housing in Los Angeles:
Students may choose to live in a gated, extended-stay corporate housing facility, the Oakwood at Avalon Bay Apartments, which is located a couple miles down the street from the Denius UTLA Center where classes are held. Each apartment is a two-bedroom, two-bathroom fully-furnished and appointed apartment in which four(4) UTLA students will live. Pets are not permitted in the apartments. Students may request specific roommates. While the Denius UTLA Center staff will make every effort to accommodate students’ roommate requests, final decisions will rest on overall student enrollment and housing availability issues. If you have questions, please contact the program coordinator. Requests and changes will be accepted up until the final housing payment deadline for the semester of participation.
Apartment amenities include: kitchen appliances (dishwasher & dining room table); TV, DVD, and telephone; dishes, cookware, utensils, coffee maker, electric blender, toaster, microwave oven, oven mitts & carving board; bed & bath linens, clock radio; dust pan and broom, vacuum, steam iron & board; patio furniture, accessories, silk plants and framed wall pictures. All utilities are included: water, power, trash, basic cable, local telephone service, voice mail & features, individually controlled heating and air-conditioning. Each apartment is provided 4 access codes which allows each student their own internet access.
Students may choose to opt-out of the housing program and secure accommodations on their own in Los Angeles. When doing so, admitted students must provide proof of housing and address information to the UTLA Director no later than the first day of class. Students selecting this option may wish to use one or more of the links below to aid them in their housing search:
Furniture Rental sites: