Before You Apply | Requirements and Eligibility | Application Instructions | After Applying | Decision Process
The Wofford Denius UTLA Center for Entertainment and Media Studies welcomes students with a broad spectrum of backgrounds and experiences.
- Review the program eligibility requirements and the Frequently Asked Questions section.
- Attend an information session.
- Strongly suggested: visit your academic advisor to discuss your plans for participation in the program and determine the best semester to participate.
- Verification of contact information.
- Completion of an essay.
- Résumé uploaded to the system.
- Min. 60 hours by semester of participation.
- Min. GPA of 2.0 by semester of participation.
- Graduate students of UT-Austin must hold a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Students may participate up to one year after graduation.
Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance to The Wofford Denius UTLA Center for Entertainment and Media Studies. An applicant's total educational and disciplinary record, educational objective, professional attitude, level of preparedness and interpersonal maturity, special talents, personal preparation and personal achievements may be considered in the selection process. The University reserves the right to interview the student during the application process, to deny acceptance, and to rescind acceptance to any applicant for any reason the University determines to be material to the applicant's qualifications.
The online application requires login with a UT EID. The application will pull relevant information from your permanent student record. You may log in and return to the application at any time before the semester deadline to edit, update and/or upload documents.
Your application must be completed by the semester deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed and will be automatically disqualified.
By submitting an application to the Wofford Denius UTLA Center you are indicating your decision to apply for the semester(s) you have selected. Once a semester's deadline has passed, your most recently-submitted application information for that semester will be reviewed by the Wofford Denius UTLA admission committee. You may continue to edit your application for future semesters. In addition, you agree to the following:
- I will allow appropriate faculty and staff of The University of Texas at Austin to access information from my student records and use it internally for purposes of this application and the business needs of the The Wofford Denius UTLA Center for Entertainment and Media Studies.
- I will allow appropriate faculty and staff of The University of Texas at Austin to access my financial aid information (FAFSA) for purposes of scholarship consideration and the business needs of the The Wofford Denius UTLA Center for Entertainment and Media Studies (applicable to UT-Austin students only).
- The information that I have provided in this application is true and accurate and is entirely my own work. I understand that submission of false information in this application constitutes academic dishonesty and will be reported to the Dean of Students Office. Students who violate University rules on academic dishonesty are subject to disciplinary penalties, including the possibility of failure in a course and/or dismissal from the University. Since such dishonesty harms the individual, all students, and the integrity of the University, policies on academic dishonesty will be strictly enforced. For further information please visit the Office of the Dean of Students website.
When students log in to the system, the system will display their status.
Students who are notified of an offer to participate will have to confirm or cancel their intent to participate in the program and then must meet a series of requirements before they can finalize their acceptance to the program:
- Confirm their intent to participate in the program by clicking on a link in the online system, which will allow them to review information on program policies and requirements that pertain to participation in the program.
- Meet all payment deadlines, including the initial deadline to pay a non-refundable program fee deposit. Failure to meet the payment deadlines will result in withdrawal from the program.
- Complete all pre-departure requirements by the stipulated deadlines.
- Maintain a minimum UT GPA of 2.0 by the semester of participation.
- Continue to make satisfactory academic progress toward their degree.
- Complete a mandatory pre-departure session.
Further details are included with notification of acceptance. Failure to meet deadlines or complete requirements, or any changes in a student's status that violate the eligibility requirements prior to participation in the program will result in withdrawal of the offer, and may result in financial penalties.
Students who are not offered a seat in their desired semester are encouraged to apply for a later semester based on their ability to meet the eligibility criteria at that time. If acceptance students decline to participate, those vacated seats will be offered to high-ranking students who were initially not offered a seat.
An admission committee composed of faculty and staff will review each applicant’s application materials and applicable academic information (GPA, classification, major, etc.) Applicants' disciplinary records will be checked, and acceptance decisions will be sent to students via email. All applicants are notified via email, and students must log in to the application system to view their status. All decisions are final and may not be appealed.