The goal of this scholarship is to provide meaningful work experiences for aspiring broadcast journalism majors. Recipients will be selected annually to receive a stipend to cover living expenses associated with a summer internship of approximately 10-weeks at a television station or media outlet.
Expected Award Amount: $5,000 (subject to change)
- Open to journalism students who intend to pursue a career in broadcast journalism.
- Applicants be a permanent resident of the United States or a citizen of the United States.
- Recipients be enrolled full-time at UT Austin during the spring 2019 semester.
- Applicants must obtain a letter of recommendation from a UT faculty member. (If a UT faculty member provided a letter of recommendation for the Moody College Scholarship Application, you may use that letter for this scholarship also.)
- The internship must be taken for academic credit.
- The internship must be unpaid.
- Recipients must be entering their sophomore, junior or senior year in fall semester following the summer internship. Students who are at least sophomores but will be entering their second or third year in the following fall semester are also eligible.
The scholarship will not be awarded on the basis of need but rather on the strength of the student's interest in broadcast journalism, previous work and extracurricular activities, leadership experience and potential for success.
Eligibility will be verified before funds can be disbursed.
Application available: April 15 - June 7, 2018 at noon (CT)