Communication and Leadership Degree
All aspects of society need ethical, effective leaders, and all leaders need to be ethical, effective communicators. The Moody College of Communication’s Bachelor of Science degree in Communication and Leadership is an interdisciplinary program that seeks to educate and inspire future leaders to lead positive change in our complicated world.
Students will be prepared to lead in a variety of contexts especially those requiring an understanding of society’s problems, such as nonprofit organizations, governmental agencies, and social enterprises.
The interdisciplinary curriculum will provide students with
- Knowledge of frameworks, concepts, and theories related to leadership, communication, and ethics and experience applying them in real-world contexts
- Awareness of their own predispositions and strengths as leaders and an understanding of how to play to their strengths
- Communication skills and expertise
- An interdisciplinary understanding of social challenges and innovative communication strategies
- Experience promoting social change
Leadership is a core value of the University of Texas at Austin, and developing leaders for Texas and beyond is central to accomplishing the University’s mission. To be a leader requires the ability to bridge narrow academic disciplines with a capacity to envision strategies that are informed through interdisciplinary approaches, communication skills, and ethical practices.